16.1.13

Beautiful day

Oh yes. Week one is behind and it feels like I've been here for ages! I really like it here and I do so many different things a day, so that's why it feels like I've been here for much longer. At least that's my theory. I must calm down and realize that I can't see and experience everything that I would like to. The city is grand (as they would say here)!

Anyway, the weekend was all about getting to know Dublin, since we've spent most of the days before at the college campus.
Walking tour for almost four hours with an excellent guide...

 
Nelson's Pillar was destroyed by students in 1966 and replaced by the Spire of Dublin in 2003. There are definitelly more beautiful sights here, but I think the "Stiffy by the Liffey" was a bit extra ordinary.

... and pub crawl with stouts and music.



On Sunday I moved into an apartment with 3 other girls who were living here from before. A great place with three rooms, kitchen, two bathrooms on a short walking distance to school in a nice area. It's a bit cold yes, but I have the thickest blanket I've ever seen and wear Grandma's woolen socks. Therefore I sleep almost too good.


I have to learn to not have my mouth open all the time when I see something new, interesting and exciting. I must look quite stupid walking on the street. On the other hand, does it matter? Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment