27.1.13

Distracted by beetles and other entertainment

Suddenly another week went by and it's Sunday again. I've mostly been touristing and walking around the city. I've learnt some Korean, enjoyed the first Erasmus party and been to some lovely cafés. And hallelujah, I found some great fleamarkets this weekend.
Photo by Anja. Thanks!
And yes I'm on an exchange to study, but to be honest it's quite hard with a city full of live music and lots of new things to experience and see. I like hanging on the campus although Trinity College looks nicer from the outside than it actually is on the inside. The lecture rooms are a bit like concrete bunkers with no windows, which means the acoustics is not the very best and I have to sit in the front row to understand the lecturers. It's also a bit distracting when it sounds like there are beetles filling up the bunker. Actually it's the students using their computers for writing down notes. I'm so oldschool that I have notebooks for that, one for each module. I also enjoy reading the graffiti on the desks (since there is no graffiti back home in Soc&kom) and look at the different styles students have. I have also been listening on the lectures. Quite interesting with welfarestates, crime and social networks as overlapping themes. There are also tutorials or seminars to every module I participate in, which means loads of reading. Next week I have to start studying for real. I found the warmest place in Dublin to read in. There are some hidden treasures where you least expect it.



No comments:

Post a Comment