27.5.13

Human beings are the only creatures on earth that allow their children to come back home.

When we stepped out of the plane in Helsinki K said : "It smells nature". It was a scent of home.

To be honest, I feel almost a bit ridiculous  for my behaviour. My first breakfast on Finnish territory was Karelian pies, rye bread and "viili" (google would translate it as processer sourmilk, but that sounds disgusting). It has only been three days and I have already excitedly eaten new potatoes with herring for dinner,  walked barefooted on the non-wholecarpet floor, played my Home-playlist on Spotify several times, walked through the silent city in the morning when the sun was rising, burned my arms (because I'm not used to the sun and this heat), visited the fleamarkets, attended the World Village festival and -the best thing - saw my lovely friends again.
Can't wait to come "home home" to my family and go to the sauna.

I have never been apart from Finland for this long. I should do it more often maybe, because it feels really good.


No comments:

Post a Comment