4.4.13

There is no map to human behaviour

It was one of those nights when you stay up talking about everything and nothing. We argued about what is important in life and what we endeavor. There was a question thrown out about what you trust. I couldn't answer. Somebody said humanity, in that sense that humans can together come far, much further than they believe. There just have to be trust and a driving force, the ignition spark. Society changes when many people really wants it to change and act for it. I agreed, mostly because I realised that the sun was rising.

I lost my phone on Saturday. Yesterday I got a call to my Finnish phone. A guy said that he had found this phone (I then realised it was my Irish number calling) on the street and could return it to me. After waiting for him in the city for nearly an hour and wondering what kind of weirdo it could be, we gave up and started walking home. Somebody called. A couple of minutes later a guy turned up with a friendly smile and handed over my runaway.

If the phone would have been found by a group of people, it would most probably have been sold by now, or at least not been returned. This made me think. I might trust the individual instead of human collaboration. You can of course not do everything alone, but maybe the individual is good if nobody forces it to be the opposite. People in groups might do more stupid things than desirable things.

Sociology is trying to find general patterns in societies, trying to find a box for everything and everybody. If you don't fit into the box you will probably not enjoy living, because the society don't like deviants too much. It disturbes the tranquility. I think I should change my major, but is there any subject not focusing on patterns?

Conclusion of this all: there is still hope for this planet not to be destroyed by the greediest mammal.

Wasn't that philosophical and deep. I thought that I would just write a post about this week without adding pictures.
Anyway, today I bought a friendly mouse trap. The unwelcome tenant must go, not die though.
And the biggest event of the spring is taking place tomorrow: Trinity Ball. I went to the hairdresser's, but came out looking 5 years younger (which is less nice when you're 22). I hope the other 10 000 celebrating students don't pay too much attention to my forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment