6.3.13

Almost Too Many Beautiful Landscapes

Today was the first day in two weeks that I had some rain on me. March means spring!
That was the obligatory weather update.

Last week was the reading week or, as some lecturers call it, "get out of town"-week. We had a 5-day-road trip with the lovely ladies. Mighty craic with this great team. 
Glendalough-Cork-Kinsale-Blarney-Killarney-Ring of Kerry with several stops-Dingle-Anascul-Cliffs of Moher-Galway-Dublin. 
The wrong side of the road didn't feel that wrong any moore after a while behind the steering wheel.

Photo by Tildy. 
The nature in Ireland is stunning. I'm just a bit annoyed that the human being thinks that something that the nature has created can be theirs to charge other human beings for. 
I hope that the mankind never finds out how to fully reign the nature.

After the roadtrip I finally got a visitor from Finland. My sister brought me rye bread, Carelian pie and salmiakki. She got to taste Guinness in three different ways in different pubs, see a bit of the city and a cliff walk in Howth. Salmiakki was appreciated by the German friends of mine, but the English lady wasn't too impressed.

March means also that the countdown for St Patrick's festival has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment